St Andrews is the club where everyone is welcome, has fun and plays their best cricket. We welcome new members of all ages and abilities to join our ranks.
We will field three turf and one synthetic Senior sides, as well as our Junior programs.
Join us at Pre Season Training to meet your future coach and teammates.
If you are interested in playing or Captaining one of our teams please contact Mick Hamilton at email@example.com or on 0413 738 417.
Do you have what it takes to be a Captain? A Captain plays an integral role as the face and leader of the team and to encourage all participants to get the most out of the games experience. A Captain should have a thorough understanding of cricket, be well organised, have great communication skills and be enthusiastic, disciplined and dedicated to the roll.
We’re seeking expressions of interest for players to Captain the following teams:
- A Grade (VTCA North B1)
- B Grade (VTCA North B2)
- Turf One Day (VTCA North/West C3)
- Synthetic One Day (NWMCA Brian Moss Shield)
Captains will be responsible for the following activities (which can be delegated in agreement with players and supporters):
- Setting the right example for players on and off the field
- Attending training sessions
- Help run training including managing batting and bowling rotations
- Make sure all players are okay to play
- Liaising with the Chairman of Selectors, Coaches and Committee to ensure the needs of players are met
- Liaising with the Committee regarding any player’s inappropriate behaviour, misconduct, injuries or illness
- Being responsible for collecting playing fees from players on match days
- Prepare reserve for play (including covers, cones, stumps, markings and scoring equipment)
- Complete scorebook requirements and return to club to input into the system
- Captain’s match report at clubrooms
- MVP votes
- Pick up and returning all equipment required
- Medical kits are immediately available for both training and matches
- Undertake a successful Working with Children Check